Skip to main content

Wike: Why I Congratulated Buhari On Tribunal Victory


Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has explained that he congratulated President Muhammadu Buhari after the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal confirmed his election because it is better to offer public congratulations than visit the President at night.

Governor Wike said that unlike some Governors of the Peoples Democratic Party ( PDP) who visit President Muhammadu Buhari at night, he made his declaration public because it came from the heart.

He spoke at the Funeral Service in honour of Late Madam Blessing Awuse, Mother of Onha Sergent Chidi Awuse, at the St Luke's Anglican Church, Emohua on Thursday.

He said: " I am sure all of you are surprised that I congratulated Buhari. Is it not good for me to congratulate him, than to go to his house in the night?"

"So many PDP Govenrors go to see him in his house in the night. I have never gone and I will not go. I won't go."

"We are the only state that the Federal Government refused to pay us our money used to execute Federal projects because I don't go to see him in the night and I won't go. He is not my friend, he is not doing well, but he won in court, should I say that the court did wrong, no."

"President Buhari, congratulations and carry Nigerians along. Unify the country, the country is too divided. I am saying what is right. What I will do, I will do, what I will not do, I will not do".

Governor Wike said politics is a game of interest, noting that Rivers people in the All Progressives Congress are under obligation to attract Federal benefits to the state.

'Politics is a game of interest. And my only interest is Rivers State . Anything that is against the interest of Rivers State, I will not agree.

"These people sold us out, thinking that they are doing Governor Wike. It is the State that you are offending, because I am just one person ".

Governor Wike expressed displeasure that Rivers State has key links to President Muhammadu Buhari from the State, yet the East West Road, the seaports and other Federal projects have been completely neglected since 2015. He said nothing indicates that Rivers State has prominent APC members working with President Muhammadu Buhari.

The Rivers State Governor maintained that Rivers State is a Christian state. He said that the facts of Rivers being a Christian State will not be changed by negative propaganda and falsehood targeted at his person. He said he never demolished a Mosque as was falsely circulated by some mischief makers.

He said Rivers State is a major oil producing State that deserves major projects from the Federal Government.

"We produce oil . They should not punish Rivers State because of me. I am just one individual. We have not benefited anything from the Federal Government. The only thing we have benefited is the abuse they heap on me.

"They turned the NDDC into a cash cow to sponsor elections against us. Nobody protested that anomaly. Now they want us to protest because someone did not nominate the management of NDDC this time.

"Since 2015, NDDC has not had its governing board, but nobody protested. I will not be dragged into such protests ", he said.

On the passage of Late Mrs Blessing Awuse, Mother of Ohna Sergeant Awuse, Governor Wike said she lived a fulfilled life and raised disciplined and trustworthy children. He said that her burial is a celebration of life.

Chief Mourner, Ohna Sergeant Awuse thanked the Rivers State Governor for his love and friendship. He said the Rivers State Governor always intervenes at the most critical time.

Anglican Bishop of Ikwerre Diocese, Rt Rev Blessing Enyindah praised the Rivers State Governor for his commitment to the development of the state.

He urged the Rivers State Governor to continue with his good works. He said that Governor Wike should focus on the people in all his programmes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nadal digs deep to win the US Open

It seemed that Rafael Nadal was cruising to victory in the 2019 US Open final against Daniil Medvedev, but the Russian came back from two sets down to force a fifth set and that's when the world number two eventually got the job done. Nadal won the match in New York 7-5, 6-3, 5-7, 4-6, 6-4, a contest that lasted four hours and 48 minutes. It was an incredible match, with Medvedev doing a brilliant job to stay in it after Nadal won a tight first set and a more comfortable second set. The Spaniard even led 3-1 in the third, but Medvedev was able to keep firing and he embarked on a run that took Nadal some time to stop. Nadal broke his opponent in a 28-shot rally to go 3-2 up in the decisive set, but the drama wasn't done there. They each lost their serve once more, before Nadal served for his fourth US Open championship - and eventually sealed the deal.

Bishop Peter Odetoyinbo Bless C.W.O.-built BVM Grotto and C.M.O.-built Chapel at St. Ignatius Parish

             CMO and CWO of the church with the bishop and concelebrants By Ezeanya Gerald The chief shepherd of Abeokuta Catholic Diocese,  Most Rev. Dr. Peter Kayode Odetoyinbo, on Sunday, August 18, 2019, made his pastoral visit to St. Ignatius Parish Magboro, Ogun State, during which he blessed the Grotto and Chapel donated by Catholic Women Organization (C.W.O) and Catholic men Organization (C.M.O) respectively.  Speaking at the visit,  during which he administered the sacrament of confirmation on 155 deserving Catholic faithful of the parish, Bishop Peter Odetoyinbo commended the Parish Priest, Revd. Fr. Joseph Ogbebor and the entire parishioners for their efforts in actualizing the project in the parish saying that there is a great development in the parish. He urged all not to relent in their good works and donations to the church. In his homily of the concelebrated Holy Mass, Bishop Peter, who based his reflection...

Injury rules Eden Hazard out of LaLiga opener

The Belgian international sustained a thigh injury that is expected to rule him out of action for approximately three weeks and will cause him to miss the game in Vigo. Eden Hazard will not play in Real Madrid's LaLiga 2019-20 season opener in Vigo. The new Real Madrid player has dealt with a major blow on the eve of the new Spanish league campaign after the club confirmed that the Belgian has sustained a thigh injury which is anticipated to rule the player out of action for three to four weeks. The club confirmed that the winger will now undergo further medical tests before being attended to by club medics who will design a recovery programme for the Belgian.